Regardless of the industry you're in, using the correct equipment has a major impact on the safety of your workplace. This fact is especially true in a warehouse setting, where electric forklifts and other warehouse vehicles can cause serious damage if used incorrectly. Learn how to select the best equipment that will not only suit the company’s needs, but will also ensure safety.
Consider the Benefits of Electric Forklifts
Electric forklifts are beneficial for most warehouse environments because they won't emit any harmful fumes or emissions into the facility. Electric forklifts also generate less noise and are considered more eco-friendly than propane forklifts. Plus, they can drastically improve monthly fuel costs when compared to propane forklifts.
Electric forklift users enjoy the longer lifespans and less maintenance requirements of their forklifts. This is because they have fewer parts and moving components. Plus, electric forklifts have a heavy battery that acts as an effective counterbalance that enhances maneuverability. Although some users find that their higher upfront cost is a drawback, the cost of ownership throughout the lifespan of an electric forklift is much lower than propane forklifts.
Finding the Best Forklift for You
You may be overwhelmed by the overload of information you'll encounter when searching for the best forklift. That's why Value Forklifts is here to provide you with the important steps to take when identifying which kind of forklift you need. Consider the following tips:
- Never buy on price alone. When shopping for forklifts, consider the benefits of each option. Make a careful and informed decision before money comes into play.
- If you're a beginner, you may want to test drive the forklift before you purchase it. That way, you'll be able to figure out what you're comfortable with.
- Never buy from an anonymous seller. There are many fraudulent listings on Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, and other sites to be wary of. Instead, buy your electric forklifts from a dependable dealer like Value Forklifts. After only one phone call, you'll understand and appreciate the honesty, transparency, and dependability of our expert team.
- Consider the total cost of ownership. The forklift may need maintenance, you may need to replace the batter, you may need to purchase insurance and licenses to own and operate it, and you may need to make modifications to it. Consider the following customization options.
What are Custom Features for a Forklift?
Custom features are defined as any modifications that affect the capacity and safe operation of a forklift. Some examples of customizations include:
- Drilling or cutting into the overhead guard or hood.
- Using new tires, such as switching from cushion to pneumatic.
- Getting different forks, such as longer forks.
- Swapping counterweights.
- Making any modifications that affect the operator’s visibility.
How Will You Be Using Your Electric Forklift?
What are the lifting requirements? How much weight does the forklift usually carry? These questions are essential due to the fact that weight and height are the forklifts’ main purposes. Knowing what kind of power is needed for a forklift all depends on the supplies that are being transferred and the overall task at hand. It's essential to have enough power when lifting heavy supplies to lessen the risk of damaging your forklift or warehouse. Remember to get a forklift that will be able to fit comfortably through all doorways and aisles of your facility.
Also, consider the forklift operator's comfortability, because their comfort will affect their productivity.
Consider Your Forklift's Working Conditions
Will you be using the forklift outdoor or indoors, or both? Warehouse forklifts typically have different requirements than outdoor forklifts, such as the type of tires, height restrictions, and more. Indoor forklifts last longer than outdoor forklifts due to less harsh terrain, the kind of energy it runs on, among other conditions. While electric forklifts are known to have a longer service life, it is important to keep in mind how often these trucks will operate.
Contact Us to Learn More
We can help you determine which forklift option would best fit your unique needs and budgets. At Value Forklifts, we sell reconditioned forklifts that are lower in costs and completely serviced and ready for use. Contact us to learn more. We also offer financing opportunities!